For all things Tooks, and some things, er, relating to other people. As well as to other things. You get the picture.

14 January 2007

Life After the Holidays

Whew. That was something. That whole Christmas-New Year's-tons of time off from school-thing. Austin is still awesome. Sunshiney vitamin D and breakfast tacos and traffic. Colombians are still crazy, and still heavy drinkers. My liver rolled over and gave up yesterday. I went swimming on New Year's Day in Barton Springs and it was amazing. I went to the southern Rocky Mountains of New Mexico and they are bootiful. LIfe is good.

Now it's back to the grind. Well, soon, anyway. I am not sure when my next placement starts--maybe Tuesday, maybe next Monday--but it's in the sixth grade. Wish me luck. Help me channel the collective spirits of Effinger, Rocha, Silverman, etc. Wait--those people combined? That's a slightly scary thought. Anyway, you know what I mean. I hope.

I also hope that your holidays were holi-days too and that you got some q-t with the fam and the 'rents and other abbreviated entities. Miss you all and love you too. Stay in touch, and call me, for cripes sake!

Pick up that phone with me,
TR

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

hey pookie dookie! i got your message, but my phone is dead & i'm up at the cabin until tomorrow. at which point i will mos def call you.

miss your face!

1:27 PM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should start with a MacGyver kit and see how it goes from there.

7:48 AM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a Lovejoyous thing, but I'm ashamed to admit I'm not getting the reference. Can you fill me in?

TR

3:59 PM EST

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Effinger! He had a MacGyver kit on his desk and he used to fill it with all kinds of crap, and then challenge us to make something useful out of it.

Of course, you could just fill your room with cow paraphanelia and see what happens.

7:30 AM EST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home